Venturing further afield, why not visit
- Foxford, Co. Mayo- nestled between the Ox and Nephin mountains, the town has much to entertain its visitors with outdoor activities, visitor centre, fishing and walking.
- Sligo Abbey, Abbey Street, Co. Sligo- Dominican friary founded in the mid-13th century
- Ceide fields,Ballycastle Co. Mayo-Vast prehistoric landscapes, dramatic cliffs and coastlines
- Croagh Patrick Mountain, Murrisk, Co. Mayo- Just 5 miles from the picturesque town of Westport with magnificent views of Clew Bay and the surrounding south Mayo countryside
- Gillighans World, Ballysadare, Co. Sligo- Botanical gardens and “faerie fort” offering spectacular panoramic views.
- Knock Shrine, Co. Mayo-In 1879, Our Lady, St. Joseph and St. John the Evangelist appeared
- Knock and it is now grown to the status of an internationally recognised Marian Shrine
- Coleman Traditional Irish Music Centre, Gurteen, Co. Sligo- a celebration of Irish Music, Culture and Heritage as expressed in the South Sligo Style of music played by Michael Coleman and other musicians of his time.
- Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery, Carrowmore, Co. Sligo- The largest cemetery of megalithic tombs in Ireland and is also among the country’s oldest. Over 60 tombs have been located by archaeologists, the oldest pre-date Newgrange by some 700 years
The Diamond Coast Hotel Sligo..... the perfect choice for your holiday in County Sligo!